Hi everyone! I couldn't be more excited to be working as a VISTA with OCC this summer! I just graduated with a BS in Hospitality Management from Kent State University with a minor in Design. I became interested in continuing to work with the community and hunger awareness after spending the last year and a half working with The Campus Kitchen Project.
This summer myself and Jess will be working with local shelters and The Campus Kitchen Project to help recycle leftover food to create meals for those in need, bring in food to support a student grocery program. We will also work with the farmers market to help promote products by holding food demos at the market. We will also hold nutrition outreach programs for the youth in the area and hopefully many more exciting things!
Congrats Lisa! Didn't realize you just graduated. Keep your eyes open too about our funding for a 2012-13 full time, yearlong AmeriCorps program. It will be somewhat similar to our current yearlong VISTA program (http://www.ohiocampuscompact.org/programs/vista/) with a focus on capacity building.
ReplyDelete