Although I was unable to watch the documentary this week, I watched the trailer for it and read some of the posts on the "GROW!" blog. I think it is incredibly moving that young, educated individuals are seeing the need for farmers in our country and are devoting their lives to it. I hope that at some point this summer I will be able to watch the film.
On another note, I am meeting a few of the refugees from one of our partners "Us Together" tomorrow at the garden. They planted the garden earlier in the spring and Joan and I have been maintaining it because it is difficult for them to get transporation to the garden other than Saturday mornings. After watering today, I noticed that a few things can be harvested tomorrow including onions and peppers! We are so excited for the progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment