Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My name is Glenn Sutula, I just graduated from Denison University. I double majored in Math and Environmental Studies, and have been primarily interested in using the environmental side of my education. When I learned about this job I was very excited about the chance to help build and maintain community gardens, and was lucky enough to get it on the same day all the Summer Associates started (I was still applying online while everyone else was being introduced to the program).

Eating (and living) healthy is very important in my family; my sisters are vegan, and my parents and I are vegetarian. I've learned a lot about the lack of access that poor communities have to healthy foods, and community gardens are one way to help alleviate the problem.

Lia, Kyra, and I are working with the 6th Street Garden, the Western Garden, CTEC, Garden on the Square, the Granville Farmer's Markets, the Croton Community Garden, the Salvation Army, and the Licking County Health Department to educate residents about how to eat healthier and provide them with healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment