Hello! My name is Reba Leonard and I live in Marietta, Ohio. I have a few more classes to take at Marietta College until I can graduate with a degree in Health Science and Psychology. I run cross country and track for the college and am very passionate about running as well as health, nutrition, and the outdoors.
I have been looking into going into the AmeriCorps or PeaceCorps upon graduation because nothing makes me happier than to serve people and make a difference in their lives.When I heard about this opportunity to serve disadvantaged children lunches, I knew it was the program for me. I have always been very interested in nutrition and in assisting those who have a lack of food and have volunteered numerous times at a soup kitchen in my hometown of Dayton, Ohio. It was a wonderful experience and I have vowed to continue to serve others for the rest of my life. In addition to loving to serve, I also love children, so this program seemed like a perfect fit to my interests. After completing my first week, I still believe so. I think that this is a great chance to help others and to learn a bit as well. I am ready to begin a new life of service and am very excited to see what is to come over the next 9 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment