Friday, June 8, 2012

Me, Myself, and Booker T!

HEY PEOPLE!! I am extremely excited to be a part of OCC this summer. I just finished 5 long years of undergraduate work at Miami University as an Education major. I actually decided to postpone my grad classes that I was registered for to work here. I know that working here will enhance my program that I start in the fall, which is Curriculum and Teacher Leadership.

Working at Booker T. Washington Community Center for these 10 weeks will offer me a unique experience. Ww are working at a site that is new and not much is set up. While this may be intimidating to some, this is what I love. I can't wait to jump in and start operating with all of the children in the neighborhood. By the end of the summer, I would love to see Booker T have regular programming (which it is currently lacking), a steady flow of children, more food offered, and a full fledged community garden (which we started to plant yesterday).

Again, I have been working and learning about children for years through my education, so if you have questions on programming, how to get kids involved, or even how to manage people, feel free to contact me!

1 comment:

  1. Please take lots of pictures for us Robert! Your project is a perfect opportunity to inform our communities what can happen in a 10-week program. Your goals are very aggressive, love it! I am so excited that you are working in this capacity, considering the course of your education. I had no ideas you put your program on hold for the Summer Associate program, we are quite flattered ;) Thank you tremendously for your offer to assist the group.

    ~Brenna

    ReplyDelete