Hi everyone! My name's Alyssa and I am going to be a junior in the fall at John Carroll University. I am a double major in Political Science and Communications and I am originially from Pittsburgh, PA!
This summer I will be living in Cleveland and working closely with two community partners and two gardens. Joe Cimperman is a city counsilman in Cleveland and is spearheading the Healthy Cleveland Initiative. The initiative works to ensure food security and healthy living for all members of the greater Cleveland area.
I will also be working with the Heights Emergency Food Center to help raise awareness of the center and gain more volunteers. I am going to work on promoting healthy eating through the center.
I will also be tending to two community gardens on John Carroll's campus that provide fresh produce to the HEFC.
I am looking forward to being a summer associate and making a lasting impact on the community.
No comments:
Post a Comment