Hello everybody!!! My name is Sara Harp and I just graduated from Marietta College this spring. I was a Political Science major, with minors in Leadership and Organizational Communications. While I love my previous major, I intend to go on to graduate school this fall at Ohio University, where I will obtain my Masters degree in Education, particularly higher education. While there, I have a graduate assistantship in the Greek Life Office. I'm very very excited for that step in my life! I intend to become either an admissions counselor or to work for the Academic Resource Centers of various colleges.
But before I go on to graduate school, I am so excited to have this opportunity to add a new chapter of service to my experiences in Marietta! I chose to be an AmeriCorp VISTA Summer Associate because my best friend did so last summer and kept telling me that I HAD to do it! After hearing about her experiences, I knew that this program would give me the perfect opportunity to both serve others and grow as an individual. I am working with Ely Chapman Education Foundation for the summer, a nonprofit that I have volunteered with before and therefore have a great working relationship already established! I will be helping with the free summer food kitchen that Ely Chapman provides in the morning, and then giving nutrition and health lessons to students in the afternoons. So far, I have loved it!!! I look forward to continuing this experience, and seeing where this summer takes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment