After completing my first assignment with AmeriCorps last summer, I already knew I would come back to serve in some capacity. It was absolutely the best position I had ever had. Even with over 10 years of experience outside of college in the "real world" the volunteer and service corps provided me literally invaluable grassroots experience. Last year, I served in the capacity of public health educator with Children's Hunger Alliance helping to alleviate hunger and obesity in the urban setting.
Returning to the program through a vista position at this time a rural setting. I took the opportunity to sustain a newly existing community garden and struggling overall service program-(From the funding perspective). I look forward to expanding its reach and the program's scope of service reach within the college community.
We're glad to have you back in the program Ruchi! I hope your program is very enriching to your experience so far.
ReplyDelete~Brenna